jueves, 19 de noviembre de 2015

FLY TO LONDON !




 
Good morning! 
Have you ever been in London? 
For those who has not been there, I am going to show you this activity. It´s a cooperative porject:

At first, the teacher will explain some things about London, especially the most important things and the necessity to know English if they want to go there.
Then , we will see this video. It is a song about London:

Then, students will be divided in four groups. Each one of them is going to have one of the following pictures:



Each group will discuss about their monument and its importance, taking into account their partner´s opinion. They will have to describe it and to know what is for. They will have to write their opinions and each one of them will explain one of their characteristics. 

 

3 comentarios:

  1. Hi!
    I find this activity really interesting in order to introduce our pupils to british culture,traditions,monuments,etc. I will use it on the first days of school to introduce some of the caracteristics of the culture, so they will have the base of the language there are going to learn. I really love London so this activity has been love at first sight for me!!Well done!
    Naiara.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Naiara!
    I agree with you. It is a good idea to start the course introducing British culture ; )
    Thanks

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Good night Naiara!! I agree with our classmates. I think that it is very important not only to teach English but to teach it in a context, and this is what you are making with this exercise. In my opinion, it is important to show children the British culture and traditions, the resources of the country, the people living there…so that they can feel that English is not only a subject at the school, it is a way of life. If children understand this, their interest in the language will probably increase. I invite you to visit my blog because I have created a very similar activity. http://havingfunlearningenglishlara.blogspot.com.es/

    ResponderEliminar